Google Now New tab page pro
Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time. Please note that, if you do, New Tab Page may suspend its provision of products and services to you.
New Tab Page collects, at the time of your sign-on to this extension, certain "personal information" (information that personally identifies you) which may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type and etc).
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
New Tab Page collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- to understand customer needs regarding New Tab Page's services;
- to develop and provide our App and our products and services for our customers;
- to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- The information provided by you during the registration is used for creating an account at our synchronization server and giving you the access to it.
- The information from your New Tab Page is saved on the server and used for data backup and further syncing with other computers.
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the New Tab Page product or service;
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning New Tab Page's extension, products and services.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
Disclosure, Processing and Retention
New Tab Page does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes;
- as necessary if New Tab Page has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with New Tab Page's rights or property, other users of New Tab Page's extension, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that New Tab Page or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), New Tab Page will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove New Tab Page's compliance with any applicable law.
New Tab Page will use reasonable efforts to protect customers' personal information.
Access to Personal Information
New Tab Page will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by writing to us.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the personal information practices, or your dealings with extension, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by email.
If New Tab Page is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer's personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney-client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting New Tab Page as described above. New Tab Page will promptly correct such information.